The time is here again to set unrealistic new year resolutions. All of us are ready with our new year diaries and scribbling the new year bucket list.
But wait! Are you sure they are achievable? Did you consider enough and be sure to adhere to them all throughout the year?
Well, if you are having second thoughts right now, I think I might be able to help you out now.
I have got a huge list of realistic and achievable new year’s resolutions ideas.
New Year Resolution Academic Ideas 2022- New Year Resolutions for Students
1. Take up a new online course:- Try to learn something new this year. Think about what you would like to learn and have been planning to. Search for the best online crash courses and take them very seriously. Add the certificate to your resume as well.
2. Learn a new language or brush up on your old skills:- Languages open doors to new cultures. Learning a language is not only fun but makes you a better person. Choose a culture that you can relate to the most and stress on their language. If you are already learning, set up new goals of fluency every week.
3. Achieve new grades: Indeed, one of the best new year resolutions for students:- If you are struggling with your grades, now is the time to set new goals. Don’t make high bars, like 100/100. You know your capabilities. Set realistically and for every test. Concentrate Give your best and with every achievement, raise the bar again.
4. Be well informed:- Nowadays, it has become so important to be well-informed about the world around us. May it be politics, finance, economy, health, etc. Make a point to stay updated with news and what’s happening around the globe. You can also make notes out of them and make a news entry. Take part in quizzes or debates to test your knowledge.
5. Work on your lackings:- Every student lags something. Assure yourself to improve that one point that pulls you down. Add this to your new year resolutions list. It can be your communication skills, or social skills, or sports. Take part in events to push yourself out of your comfort zone.
New Year Resolution Ideas for Health
1. Do some exercise every day:- One of the most common new year resolutions. Now, you are thinking to join the gym. You don’t have to necessarily join the gym in order to stay fit. You can take a brisk walk or jog around your colony or climb up the stairs of your office. Walk to the bus stop or nearby groceries instead of taking our car. Do 10 minutes of Zumba dancing with any online video. Grab every opportunity you find.
2. Eat Healthy every day:-It’s impossible to cut out all the fast foods in one day. Instead, take baby steps. Check your diet and replace one item with a healthy one every week. Take one day of cheat meals. Check out tasty, healthy recipes online.
3. Stay Hydrated:- If you feel like you are having troubles with staying hydrated, buy a bottle with time markers or set a hydration timer on your phone. If normal water bores you, add some glucose or a glass of unsweetened juice. But make sure to stay hydrated.
4. Cleanse yourself every day:- Make sure to at least take a proper bath every day. You don’t have to follow a huge skincare routine. Just simple soap and water. Don’t forget to wash your face every night, if not in the morning.
New Year Resolutions for Finance and Budget
1. Make a strict budget:-Making a budget is another one of the best new year resolutions. Budgets will not only give you an idea of your daily expense but also will help in the long run. Create a chart at the beginning of every month. Set the savings aside first, and then invest. Be very stern about your adherence. If pen and paper is not working for you, you can go for budget apps.
2. Make money goals: This will be the best new year resolution in case you are a freelancer or a run a business. Make monthly money or savings goals and achieve them. Keep proper tracks. At the end of the year, you will be the happiest.
3. Invest in stocks:- If you are an adult and have enough cash to invest in stocks (they should be your own earnings, not your guardians), go ahead with this unique resolution. You can always educate yourself with online videos or guides or maybe ask an expert about the best stocks.
4. Find out cheaper ways:- The best way to save more cash is to find cheaper ways of sustenance. Students can avail of the of student discounts. Take a bus instead of cabs. Go thrifting. Recycle old items. Reuse old clothes or sell them. There are many ways to go the cheaper path.
New Year Resolutions for Self
1. Learn to cook a new dish every 15 days:-If you are someone who is fond of cooking or trying to learn cooking, what’s better than trying out new recipes every month. Raise your level with every try. This way you will cut down on outside food and adopt diverse recipes. This is also going to save money.
2. Make a booklist:- Books are mankind’s greatest friends. We know reading a book can be tiresome and lengthy, but it is very rewarding. Not only will they open doors to new creativity but it makes you calm from within. If paperbacks don’t work for you, go digital. Make sure to read at least one book every month. To keep track, you can open an account on GoodReads and also take suggestions from there.
3. Make weekly meal routine:- Most of the time goes by thinking about what meals to make. Instead, you can make a weekly meal routine along with a grocery list. This way you will know how much you are spending and on what.
4. Volunteer for a social cause:- Nothing can make a person happy more than bringing smiles to other faces. Make a point to volunteer or join any volunteering club in your school. You can also search up volunteering jobs like covid relief, or beach clean-up, or blood donation camps nearby.
5. Prioritise mental health:-We are in 2022 already and it’s high time to prioritise mental health every day. Make time for yourself and treat yourself better. In case you think you need therapy, go for it. Join a meditation club. Cut out toxic people from your life. If your job is making you more stressful, find alternate ways. Find out what is making you worry more.